Chamberlin Hill Elementary School
Each new school year brings opportunities; opportunities for academic growth but also opportunities for growth in all areas of development. Although children must be knowledgeable when they graduate, they must also be healthy, engaged, responsible, and caring people.
The Leader in Me provides our school with the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development. As each child discovers and develops his/her unique gifts and talents, they are given opportunities to lead. As leaders, they become active, engaged partners in their own education and their self-confidence, responsibility, and initiative grows. The children quickly understand the benefits of different gifts and talents; they learn to listen to new ideas, work together to achieve results, and motivate one another to be the best.
Chamberlin Hill School Hours:
9:05am and ends at 3:30pm
THIRD GRADE READING GUARANTEE
Ohio’s Third Grade Reading Guarantee is a program to identify students from kindergarten through grade 3 that are behind in reading. Schools will provide help and support to make sure students are on track for reading success by the end of third grade. The department provides policy guidance, instructional tools, and resources on the Third Grade Reading Guarantee. (Source: Ohio Department of Education).
As a learning community we will:
- Take pride in ourselves, school, and community.
- Unite to show respect and belief in ourselves, school, and others.
- Challenge ourselves to reach individual, academic, and personal potential.
- Share the expectations and process of Leader In Me with students and parents.
- Teach The 7 Habits
- Teach and model expected student behavior.
Focus areas: Arrival, Lunch, Recess, Bathroom, Dismissal
- Participate in Service-Learning projects
- Develop Leadership roles and groups with student input
- Regular communication between Jefferson and Chamberlin Staff
- Implement consistently – Lighthouse Team (BLT), TBT’s, Building-wide schedule, Curriculum mapping/schedule, Core++ Model
- Implement Common Core, RTI practices, Differentiation, Marzano strategies
- Collect and analyze data on academic and behavioral progress as determined by district, Lighthouse Team, and TBTs.
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. Our group consists of parents and teachers working together to enrich and maximize the education of all students. We support school staff and assist in efforts to solve school needs through volunteering and fundraising. We plan events throughout the year to get students, staff, and families together outside of the regular school day.
Third Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm in the Chamberlin Hill Library.